Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dishwashing Glove Gardening + Caucasian China Feti-chic

Found! in the September 2007 issue of US Vogue magazine are two ads I think you will find interesting. Click on the pictures to full their full size.

The first one is an ad for tarynrose.com that pictures a woman in evening wear pretending to do gardening while wearing--stay with me now--fuchsia rubber dishwashing gloves! It doesn't make much sense, but the photo looks very adorable and very elegant. Wouldn't it be a scream if all the starlet "it" girls began wearing brightly colored dishwashing gloves with their borrowed couture on the red carpet?




Next is an ad with a Blade Runner by way of Kill Bill theme for the RAZR cell phone . I think it says "RAZR 2" or "RAZR Z" on the bottom--the font's too screwed up for me to read. (Frankly, I don't give a crap what it says. Some of the buttons on my old RAZR phone started falling off, and I had to put scotch tape on the keypad to save them.) Too bad the outfit is not rubber; it's made out of some kind of PVC fabric. I can't tell exactly what material the accessories are made out of.



No comments: