Friday, February 08, 2008

Let's Go For a Swim! (Rubber Duck Not Included)

Fashion sucks, but the juggernaut still rolls on, crushing the skulls of the fabulous, the innocent, the addicts, the perverted.

I don't know what's going on for FALL 2008. Frankly, right now I don't care and I don't have the time. I'm just getting caught up with SPRING 2008. The juggernaut ran over my foot and I had to spend some time in the hospital.

I was more unimpressed than usual with the fashion bullshit for SPRING '08. Most of the collections were hideous boring garbage, like if the Olsen twins were made out of fabric and not coke and bulimia. The only excitement came from the accessories, but I'll deal with that later.

Thank gawd for John Galliano. Yes, he does the same shit every year, but it's AWESOME. I worship at the alter of his derivativeness. His SPRING '08 had a few actual latex rubber pieces, namely flapper-style bathing caps. I love those!
The three pictures were ganked from style.com.
The sheeting color of the swim cap featured above and in the full body shot directly below is a bit hard to tell. I think the cap may be made from one of Radical Rubber's "Electric" colors. It looks too light to be Supatex Jade Green (4D).


The color of the swim cap above is Vibrant Turquoise manufactured by 4D.
Hey Blogger, fix the spell check!

4 comments:

SanderO said...

I watched a fair amount of Full Frontal Fashion and did not see anything which looked too fetishy. Didn't see any latex leggings or even shiny ones.

I thought most of the collections were not very good. What do I know?

Betty LaBamba said...

I've been watching Full Frontal a lot, too. I didn't see anything good, either--fetish or not. It's been so blah lately.

The best bet is to pick up the WWD (Women's Wear Daily) magazines that come out several times a year. WWD pretty much covers the best of all the collections, not just NYC. The writing is a step above Vogue and that ilk since the publication is geared towards professionals. WWD Accessories is out now. There are some very nice photo spreads. I don't know if Barnes & Nobles carries WWD, but you can find it in any news kiosks in the garment district and the bigger Hudson News stores in Penn Station.

SanderO said...

I am not THAT interested in fashion. But FFF is on the tele and wifey likes to watch it so I do as well and we discuss it.

I get my fashion sense from the streets of SoHo, TriBeca and the East Village where I pass time in the city. And the subways. haha

And people like you who post on the web.

WendyB said...

I love those eyebrows.