Friday, October 12, 2007

Plastic Nurse Loo-ee Vee



Although there was no rubber in sight, Marc Jacob's fall '08 collection for Louis Vuitton was nevertheless very exciting. Models paraded down the runway in transparent white gauze-like plastic retro-style nurse dresses accessorized with black lace surgical masks and the usual fabulous bags only %0.01 of the world's population can afford. Each model had a different letter on the front of her nurse's cap, spelling out L-O-U-I-S-V-U-I-T-T-O-N one after the other. The sherbet-colored dresses under the plastic nurse dress was also a nice effect.
I've got a serious weakness for all things medical. The nurse theme gets a bad rap among the ersatz-intellectual fetish elite for being boring and overplayed, but I still like it as long as the iterations are aesthetically pleasing. See, look at the big words I'm using. That makes my opinion better than yours. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
All in all, the nurse uniforms in this collection are a nice interpretation of a standard fetish archetype. Be sure to check out the rest of the collection, too. [link above]

No comments: